Tuesday, October 9, 2012

my first blog

With this post I enter the world of blogging with a certain trepidation. My hope is not to occupy anyone's time with my "wisdom" but to somehow facilitate our interaction over Scriputre and issues that relate to our shared life as a faith community. I'll try to let you in on some of my wonderings as I prepare to preach and some of my post-sermon realizations. I'll also try to suggest ways we might interact with each other in Community Groups if discussion would be valuable on a topic.

Last Sunday I made reference to a classic painting I had read about but didn't find time to search it out. It turns out the painting is by Rafael. I have pasted a copy of it here for us. Doesn't look like much of a mountain but the tension of Jesus in his glory and the less than glorious real life situation of a father finding no help for his son from the disciples is portrayed. Let me know what your observations are.

Raphael-Transfiguration
 
This Sunday we will try to identify the challenges of being identified by the characteristics of greatness in the Kingdom. Read Luke 9:46-50. Where might the discussion among the 12 have come from? What parallel stories in the other gospels shed light on this discussion?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment