Friday, October 26, 2012

Whoa! Could this be what Jesus is talking about?

Here I am. Finally. Over a hundred times some of you have checked out this blog. I am still committed to this process but getting it worked into my week is going to be a challenge. This week I have had several people events that have demanded my time as well as having to deal with a house fire (not my own) and all the phone calls and meetings that follow have sucked discretionary/blogging time out of my life. It is interesting that the text for this Sunday (Luke 9:57-62) deals with what it means to be a disciple in realtionship to the demands of life. A few wanna-be disciples come to Jesus and say  "I'm going to follow you" but is sent away because the things of life (family, security and distractions) keep them from following as Jesus demands. So my question is this: How do you/we make it work as a follower of Jesus? In the world we live in is there a way to be 100% undistracted in being a follower of Jesus? Are there levels of discipleship? Let me know how it works in your thinking and in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment